Friday, September 28, 2007

Week 1 in Review

Well, I've made it through the first week of nursing school! There are about 56 students, 6 of which are men, so we're definitely in the minority (for the first time in my life/careers). It's a lot of fun so far, and a lot of work.

The instructors are great too. I have Suzanne for my clinical instructor, and she is very knowledgeable, and lots of fun. I will be doing my clinicals at Good Sam in Corvallis. I've taken two quizzes so far, and done well on both, so I'm off to a good start. Staying ahead on my assignments, and generally feeling good about how things are going.

I do miss the nurses and others at SAGH, but I'll probably be stopping in there from time to time to say hello.

Please continue to pray for me and my family.

bye for now . . .

Doug

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Doug. Been wondering about you and the fam.

Bob

September 28, 2007 at 9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
Well, now you started to get your feet wet. Nursing is very hard, and I was one in NYC. Just let the instructors brain wash you, and do whatever they say, and you will make it. Nursing does need men very badly.
Give Jane my love and I hope she is doing well. Take care. Good luck with school. Knock them dead!!!! Sincerely, Regina

October 2, 2007 at 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home