Friday, October 05, 2007

2 Weeks Down

Assessments, critical thinking, FSBS, therapeutic effects, case histories, etc. etc. Week 2 went really quickly, lots of reading, lectures, skills practice, clinical practice, and so on.

Four tests in one week! Keeping me on my toes. I think we're all starting to settle in to the routine a little bit. Lots of things to juggle, and keep track of, along with the obvious things like reading, studying, and applying our knowledge and skills.

Bought a new (old) truck for myself to get back and forth to school with. A 1985 NISSAN pickup truck, with about 159,000 miles. It runs good, and looks a little rough, but it's just what I need to get me there and back again, and so Jane can have her car back.

Thanks to everyone who is still praying for me and my family, and to those of you who are providing physical and actual comfort and care as well. We could not do this without our support network of friends and family. May God bless each of you abundantly!

Jane received great news about her monthly blood tests, and from a visit with her oncologist. Read about that in her blog here. And read more next week about nursing school . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
Good news on both sides. When you deal with a patient, and case history, etc., visualize the person in your mind. After awhile when you see teir meds, you can pretty much guess what is going on with them. Nurse training here is so much better than NY, believe me.
So I have both of you in my thoughts and prayers, and as I always say, KEEP THE FAITH!!!!! Love, Regina

October 6, 2007 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home