Monday, May 19, 2008

Blast From the Past

Starting today, I will be posting a series of ten short essays that Jane wrote when she was about 12 years old. The will be posted on Jane's blog, so you will only find them there.

The title of the series of essays is, "Me, Myself, and I." These stories were written by her at a very formative time in her life; they are humorous, touching, and eerily close to the way things have turned out in her life. I believe that after reading them, you will come to know Jane in a more intimate way, and feel as if you've known her all your life.

The last few days we've noticed a slow, but steady decline in Jane's strength and wakefulness. I was able to visit with her for about 15 minutes today, but aside from that she is sleeping most of the time.

I don't drink soda pop much anymore (you're wondering what that has to do with anything?) but instead I drink Seltzer water. I like the fizzy bubbles, but not the sweet soda taste. It's great on a hot day with lots of ice. Lately, Jane has been craving sips of my seltzer to help her burp a little, and because it feels good on her throat.

Just now, I plopped some ice cubes in my Kerr Wide-Mouth Mason jar, and filled it with seltzer. Jane's call bell rang, and I went to see what was up. She asked me for a sip of my seltzer. "I can't sneak anything around you, can I?" We all laughed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home