Thursday, May 15, 2008

Time in a Bottle

From the words of the late Jim Croce:
If I could save time in a bottle,
The first thing that I'd like to do,
It was a beautiful day today here in Corvallis; hitting almost 90 degrees. Jane slept much of the day, and I took a much-needed motorcycle ride through the countryside to Independence, OR.

This was a tough ride for me, since I'm used to looking in my rear-view mirror, and seeing Janey there, on her white Honda Rebel. It's not the first time that I've thought about what it is going to be like to not have her "back there" anymore.
Is to save every day,
Till eternity passes away,
Just to spend them with you.
When I arrived home, she asked, "Are you back already?" I wish I could have gone for a ride with you." Me too, honey.
If I could make days last forever,
If words could make wishes come true,
So we sat together in the back yard this afternoon in the shade, dozed a little, enjoyed the gentle breeze, and the birds arguing with the blue jays.
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you.
Every day is a treasure; I am so grateful to spend them with you, my love.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug, Thanks for reminding us all to treasure every moment. I'm glad Jane got outside with you today to enjoy the sunshine and her beloved bird friends. Another memory to store in your bottle. . .
Cindy K.

May 15, 2008 at 10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
You write such beautiful love letters, and it makes me feel so good inside to read them, and know that such love can still exist between husband and wife. I look for your blog every day, and hope for God's love on you both. Love and Prayers, Regina

May 16, 2008 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Carol Ann Weaver said...

Nothing but tears here. Bless you. Carol

May 16, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home