Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kissed by Two Angels

I went to an outdoor concert on Friday night at Jamocha Joe's in Adair, and saw several friends that I had not seen for awhile. As I began to walk through the group of people, one lady came up to me, gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. I was very surprised! And not a little warmed by it. I told her, "you're the first woman besides Jane to kiss me in 23 years." We both laughed.

Moments later, another woman friend walked up to the two of us, hugged me, and kissed me on the same cheek! Wow, I really scored! I told her, "you're the second woman besides Jane to kiss me in 23 years, and the second tonight."

I want to say right now that both of those hugs and kisses were done out of friendship, and genuine concern for me. I forget these days how powerful human touch really is.

There are many people in our community who have lost loved ones, and are impoverished in the touch department. So when you see them, if you're a touchy-feely kind of person, give them a hug; and if you're extra touchy-feely, a friendly kiss on the cheek won't hurt either.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger rosepua said...

Excellent tip, Doug. Thanks! MA

July 28, 2008 at 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
I love to give hugs. However, some people, unfortunately, put a wall around themselves, and refuse this all important human touch. So, I will first ask, "Can I give you a hug?" I always hope it is yes, so I can show them, through the hug, that I care. Thinking of you a lot, Love and Prayers, Regina

July 30, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home