Thursday, July 10, 2008

The New Job

Some of you may have heard, but many of you may not have, that I took a new job at the Corvallis Clinic Surgery Center, and started this past Monday.

It was truly God that orchestrated the events that lead up to me being offered the position. A friend who is a nurse (Lisa) called me in March and told me about the open position. I applied for the job and waited until late April to hear back and get an interview.

Several more weeks passed, and I thought they were not interested in me. One week before Jane passed away, I received a phone call from the supervisor, offering me the job; I told her that Jane was still hanging on, and I did not know how long it would be before I could accept and start. So we agreed that I would call her back in one week. Well, one week was the day after Jane died.

So I called her and accepted the position, and we agreed upon a start date of July 7th (this past Monday). The surgery center is brand-new, and very nice. The nurses, doctors, and other staff are also great. It's good to be back at work again, doing something that I truly love. I don't know for sure what the immediate future (next 2 years) holds for me, but I trust that God has a plan, so I am resting in that.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't realize this was where you were working. Glad to hear it. Hope the week went well.

Karen B.

July 11, 2008 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger rosepua said...

How awesome, Doug! Great news that you LOVE it. Love you and your family, MA

July 11, 2008 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger Mel G. said...

Great! No more trips to Albany and back for work. Although, on the bike I imagine it is fun. Back to school somewhere in that future? Hope so! Like I told you a long time ago, you are going to be a GREAT nurse! Love to you and yours!

July 11, 2008 at 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug,
I worked with Leslie, RN (whom you now work with) up at Salem Hospital. She is a hoot! You will have a great time.
Amie

July 12, 2008 at 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great place, Doug. It's where my daughter had surgery a year ago. Nice and close w/good people.
-Bob-

July 12, 2008 at 10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
Really happy that you are back at work, and at a job that you really love. That is so important. I wish you all the best in your job, and we may bump into eachother when I am at the clinic. Take care. Love and Prayers, Regina

July 13, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home