Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Home Again - Corvallis

We've been home a couple of days now; back from California. We held a second memorial service for Jane's family at the Holy Family Catholic Church in San Jose. It was a very nice service, arranged by Jane's nephew, Jeff. He led worship with a team of men, Jane's sisters read some scriptures from the Gospels, said a few words, and we watched the memorial slide video that I made. Not a dry eye in the house (including mine again).

We arrived home on Sunday afternoon (Father's Day), unloaded the van, and started watching a movie. Sometime during the movie, Matt and I heard something hitting the bay window in our addition room. We got up to investigate, and observed a Blue Jay jumping up from the ground and hitting the window . . . over, and over, and over again.



How weird! Not to read anything supernatural into this, but that has never happened before at our home. For the last two days, this same Blue Jay has been attacking our window; not a clue why, either.

So today, Pam was over and he went at it again. She couldn't believe it either. So, I came up with an idea to put an end to it, before he put an end to himself. I went to the bedroom, grabbed one of Jane's soft-stuffed cat dolls, and put it on top of the window fan in the bay window.

Problem solved!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm,maybe a "little birdie" was trying to deliver a message to you guys????

Hugs, Sara

June 17, 2008 at 9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
Just to let you know that you publishing the blog is such a wonderful idea. I was hoping you would do that. The blog went through so many changes, from what to do about an illness, family, Faith into the most wonderful love story I have ever read. I felt compelled each time I went to the blog to read it, to answer you, it felt like I was on a snowball that kept rolling, the love getting larger than life. So, please publish this wonderful, beautiful blog that you and Jane did.
Also, if some strange things happen for awhile, do not be surprised, in fact, welcome them, it is a gift. My Father stayed around for almost 4 years. My Mother stayed around for almost 5. When they think you are settled, than the visits become very infrequent. My Mother has gone to where she needs to be, and once in awhile, my Father shows his love. Remember, these are gifts. Keep your heart and mind open. I am putting your name in for healing at my Church. Love and Prayers, Regina

June 18, 2008 at 2:50 PM  
Blogger rosepua said...

The clean windows!! That bird. :) Love, MA

June 19, 2008 at 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home