Thursday, April 23, 2009

One Year Ago Today

One year ago this day, my wife Jane began hospice care here at home. In order to bring some personal closure to the events of the last year since she's been gone, I have decided to go back to my blog that I kept during the last 6 weeks of her life, and read my entries on a daily basis.

Some of you participated in reading my blog last year, and if you're not up for it again, that's OK. It's something that I feel I need to do. For those of you who did not follow my blog and want to, or for those of you who did, and want to again, here is a good starting point.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

People might think it's morbid to go back to that horrible time. But I think it's healthy and gives you a chance to reflect on the events that happened, take stock, figure out where you are, etc. I think it's a good thing to remember where you were so that you can see more clearly where to go. I often go back to my blog entries from a year ago, just to compare my mental state.

I think I started reading Jane's blog (which you were keeping for her) around this time. I remember those posts about bringing in Hospice.

I wish you healing as you go through your posts.

April 23, 2009 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger rosepua said...

Painful. I'm with you, Doug, my friend...

April 23, 2009 at 7:26 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Dee, thank you for your kind wishes and understanding!

doug

April 23, 2009 at 9:18 PM  
Blogger Mel G. said...

When God asks us in Scripture to weep with those who weep I know He knew what He was doing. You don't cry alone friend. I'll read along with you.

April 24, 2009 at 9:07 PM  
Blogger Roanna said...

Doug, do what you have to do to get through the years to come. Although I had never met either of you, I cried with you through Jane's final months. Its good to look back at that painful time, to cry all over again at the memory. My thoughts are with you.
Roanna

June 1, 2009 at 4:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug, People we love are always with us, their memory gives us comfort, and I feel, the strength to go on living. Have you decided to go back to Nursing School? You have the qualifications to make a great Nurse, so I hope it is something you are thinking of doing. No matter just to touch base with you and hope that you and the family are doing well. Love and Prayers, Regina

July 3, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home