Monday, February 09, 2009

DJ's Birthday

Several people told me after Jane died, that there would be a lot of "firsts". First Christmas, first New Years, first birthdays, etc.

Well, today is Daniel's 19th birthday, and [it] hit me again. My good friend, Mary Beth calls it "being ambushed." I started thinking about that day 19 years ago when DJ was born, and the letter I wrote to him right afterward. I started to get choked-up when I thought about that time so long ago. I have published the letter that I wrote to him below.

Jane really would have liked to see DJ with his own car, a job, and turning 19. Happy Birthday Daniel! I love you! !

(click on the image for a larger picture)


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Happy birthday to your son, Daniel. What a nice letter you wrote for him . . .

My family has four birthdays this month, too. My dad is on the 9th, my sister is on the 11th, my niece on the 12th and my brother on the 18th.

Hope it was a good day.

February 10, 2009 at 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home