Sunday, December 28, 2008

I Walked by There Today

"You're late." said his wife. "The reason I'm late, is because I walked by there today." said Bob Cratchit. "Today?" replied his wife. "I couldn't keep away, it's so quiet and green."

I didn't walk by "there," I drove. While I was picking up a few things at the grocery store, I passed by the flower stand and saw some beautiful, pink carnations. Jane loved carnations, but they didn't have any purple ones, so I chose the pink.

I went home, unloaded the perishables, and grabbed the camera. When I arrived at the cemetery, I trimmed the stems on the carnations, and placed them into one of the holes drilled in the marble plaque that will one day hold my marker.

Jane and I had a few words, and I took this picture. "I couldn't keep away, it's so quiet and green."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home