Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Third Week is the Charm

After three weeks of Nursing 101, and Pharmacology, I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of things. It's not the nursing or pharmacology stuff that's the most difficult, but as I mentioned last week, it's organizing all of the tasks, lecture notes, and making sure I've done the right assignments, and on time.

This week we had MediTech training in Lebanon. I've been using MediTech for about 9 months now, so nothing new there. I continue to be so thankful for the job that I had at Albany General Hospital in the Critical Care Unit as a Unit Aide/Unit Secretary. It was a 9-month education that really prepared me for school.

I really do miss the nursing staff, and all of my friends in RT, Lab, and the Doctors, etc. I stopped in early this past week to visit a patient who has been in CCU since June, and wonder and praise, they have been moved to Med/Surg, which means they're getting closer to discharge!

We learned how to don sterile gloves this week, everything you wanted to know about PEDS in one day (oh boy!), and musculoskeletal/neuro exams. Lots to know and do, but it's all very interesting and exciting.

Testing is going well, and I am satisfied with my grades thus far. Just got to keep up the good work!

Next week we start orientation at our hospitals for clinicals, so that will be really exciting. I get to wear WHITE PANTS and WHITE SHOES. (I'm gonna look like Pat Boone, or something. Maybe I'll post a photo for you all to laugh about.

later . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathie said...

Glad to hear school is going well...keep up the good work my friend!
Kathie

October 17, 2007 at 1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home