Tuesday, May 06, 2008

One Clean Refrigerator

Well, hope you don't mind a little dark humor; but does anyone out there know what the mold spore Cladosporium elatum looks like? Come visit our refrigerator!

Today, Jane's sister Terry and my sister Pam took EVERYTHING out of the frig and cleaned it thoroughly.

After discarding the gross, moldy, smelly, unidentifiable items, the refrigerator looked like this:

Other than ridding the home of some interesting smells, the day was rather uneventful, as Jane had a pretty good day. She is becoming more sleepy, and much weaker; which I am told are some of the early signs of decline.

We took some time to read all of the note cards that everyone filled out at Woodstock's, and our hearts were warmed by the loving words each of you wrote.

Some were written by younger kids; one which stands out said, "Dear Jane, I am sorry you are so sick. But when you die, you get to meet the Lord! He will be happy to see you." Indeed, He will.

On the reverse side of the note was this image:

God sure DOES look happy to see her, huh?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger rosepua said...

Doug, so glad the fridge is done. Ahh. Thanks for sharing the child's card; we've been talking about child-like faith and that picture gives a great visual for me. Love you, MA

May 7, 2008 at 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug and Jane:
I am so glad that the fridge was done. Those things can smell. Took care of a couple, and cleaned out their fridge, and they wanted to put the rotton stuff back. UGH!!!!!! Convinced them otherwise. I am so happy that Jane is feeling peaceful. That is everything at a time like this. We are all here for you and your family. Try to take some deep breaths and rest yourself, if that is posssible. Love and Prayers, Regina

May 7, 2008 at 7:59 AM  
Blogger Rena said...

Hey! I met you at AGH. Im a 2nd year nursing student. Im the one that told you that my sister has breast cancer. Well, I was surprised to see that a link to her blog was on your blog. My sister is Dee. I hope you all are hangin'in there alright. THanks, Rena

May 7, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home