Monday, June 09, 2008

Hey, Guess Who Was . . . Oh, Never Mind

Thank you so much to everyone who attended Jane's memorial service today (either in the body or spirit). I know that many of you were unable to attend, and that's OK. I know your thoughts and prayers were with us.

Me and the kids went to dinner with the rest of the family later this afternoon, and while I was driving home, I though, wait till I get home and say to Jane, "guess who was there today?"

What a strange feeling that was. We shared everything with one another, and I would so much like to tell her about all the faces that I saw; many of which I have not seen for so long. I hope somehow she was able to see how wonderful the celebration was.

We are going to California tomorrow to celebrate Jane's life with her family on Thursday. I probably will not be blogging for a few days, so for those faithful readers out there, you can take a few days off. I will fill you in on how our trip to California was when we return.

Thank you all for the many wonderful cards, letters, and contributions. We count ourselves extremely fortunate to be part of such a loving family of friends and neighbors.

It is my prayer that each of you will have found a measure of healing and closure today; I know that we did. Jane is not the type of person anyone would ever get over, so let's all make a pact to NOT get over her, but to remember her fondly in all things.

Thanks again, my loving family.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger rosepua said...

Thanks, Doug. People like Jane stay with us forever, really. Thank you for letting us laugh at the outtakes, and for putting together great slides of Jane. Keep writing! Love you, MA

June 10, 2008 at 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
Thank you. I feel honored to have been a part of all this. You, Jane, and all your family are amazing people. I was there at the ceremony. One of those that sits in the back and leaves on tip toe. Our hearts are with you and your family always. I also had the experience of coming home from my Father's funeral wanting to tell him how it went and who was there, and I had to speak to his soul. I also lost a friend who was 57. She loved Native American things, and when I was at a crafts fair, I saw something, and I thought, yes, I will send Joyce that. Only, I realized I could not. I hope and pray for your family always. Love and Prayers, Regina

June 10, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home