Saturday, May 31, 2008

Melt Down

Each of us, in turn, melted down a little today. We've been going at this for awhile, and it seems to have caught up with us. One by one, we each experienced a few moments of great sorrow.

It is so wonderful to have a family. Even when family is not physically present, there is great comfort.

Each of you that have been praying for us, helping meet physical needs, and reading these blogs, is a part of our family, and have provided a measure of comfort to us. And for that, we are truly thankful. Tonight however, one person deserves special mention.

When Jane and I were first dating, her sister Terry called one day sobbing to tell us that her husband had just died. I barely knew her at the time; but Jane and I spent the whole day with her, helping to get things situated. The next week we helped her make funeral arrangements, and I was given the honor and privilege to present the eulogy at her husband's memorial service.

That was 22 years ago. And now, Terry is here with us, spending whole days, taking time away from her family and work to help me take care of Jane. During my "meltdown" today I asked her, "How long did it take you to get over Pat?" She replied, "A long time, but to this day I still cry from time to time." Being able to talk with her about it was good.

So, I want to declare publicly my heartfelt thanks for Jane's sister, and all that she is. Thank you Terry.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger rosepua said...

Totally! What a pure heart of love, and even joy, in the midst of such sorrow. I am truly amazed.

June 1, 2008 at 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home