Monday, November 03, 2008

New Car for DJ

Well friends, Daniel (DJ) has been working for awhile at the Safeway gas station on Philomath Blvd., and was riding his bicycle to work everyday. It's about 5 miles, and so he wanted to get his driver's license back, and get a car.

Saturday, we both went to the DMV and I renewed my driver's license, and he took the knowledge test again (and passed) and got his license. We went looking at cars on Saturday afternoon, and found a very nice, used 1995 Pontiac Gran Prix, with only 71,000 miles on it.

I fronted DJ some of the money, and we bought the car for him. His insurance is quite expensive, but a good way for him to learn about what it takes to survive these days. I am a bit nervous, to say the least, having him drive on his own; but I've got to start letting go, and letting him grow up, huh?

I'm finally going to visit my brother Bob (and his wife Malaura and kids) in L.A. next week. The NHRA 2008 Finals (drag racing for those of you who aren't hip to that sport) are being held in Pomona, CA. on the weekend of November 13-16, 2008.

I can't wait! I haven't seen a drag race (live) in years, so I'm really stoked. I've been watching almost every weekend, and the racing is incredible these days.

Top fuel dragsters running the 1/8th mile in under 4 seconds at a top speed of over 300mph.


And, of course, the drag bikes! Waaayyyy coool. I'll post after the races next week, hopefully with some awesome burn-outs, and thundering races. Until then . . .

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
Happy your Son got his set of wheels. A Guy always needs a car. Enjoy your trip, and enjoy the races. Enjoy life. Love and Prayers, Regina

November 4, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home