Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Beautiful Gift

We went to my sister's house for Christmas dinner today. My brother in law, Dave, is a real craftsman, and he made a music box for my daughter Amy.

Several years ago, Jane and I went to see the Phantom of the Opera in San Francisco. We fell in love with the opera, and had the album on CD. When Jane was on hospice care, Amy would play one of the songs over and over again. If you're familiar with the opera, it's the one that Christine sings to her deceased father. The song is called, "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again."

Well my brother in law presented the heart-shaped, handmade music box to Amy, and when she opened the lid, it started playing "Music of the Night" from Phantom.

I broke into tears.

What a precious, special gift that was. Thank you Dave!



Music Of The Night - David Cook

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
My husband and I love "Phantom of the Opera." We saw it in Portland, and we also bought the DVD of the movie. This gift to Amy is really a beautiful, loving gesture. It is something that will always be cherished. Wishing you and your family a year of love and peace. Prayers and Love, Regina

December 27, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home