Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thank You

On my way to work this morning, I popped a CD into the car stereo and played the Led Zeppelin song, "Thank You." As I started about my daily routine, the words to the song kept creeping back into my mind, until I could not stay the tears any longer. I went and grabbed a washcloth, slipped into the restroom and cried for a full 5 minutes.

Thank You

If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.

Kind woman, I give you my all, Kind woman, nothing more.

Little drops of rain whisper of the pain, tears of loves lost in the days gone by.
My love is strong, with you there is no wrong,
Together we shall go until we die. My, my, my.
An inspiration is what you are to me, inspiration, look . . . see.

And so today, my world it smiles, your hand in mine, we walk the miles,
Thanks to you it will be done, for you to me are the only one.
Happiness, no more be sad, happiness . . . . I'm glad.
If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you.
When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.
-Led Zeppelin (1969)

Amy and I went out for dinner tonight, and I told her about my day and how this song affected me. On the way home, we listened to it and both began to cry. Here is a tribute version of that song by Kimberley Bosso:



Thank You - Kimberly Bosso

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

I just wanted to tell you and Amy and the rest of your family - hang in there. I suspect this holiday will be hard for you all. Take care - and I think I will have the luminarias set up by the week-end and will post a picture on my blog by early next week.

December 11, 2008 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Carol Ann Weaver said...

I will be praying, Doug.

December 12, 2008 at 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine my sister is gone. I cry for her and her wonderful family. This, indeed, is a very sad time. I miss my baby girl always. I love you all. T.

December 15, 2008 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

Hi Doug,
I have the luminaries up in my yard and a picture posted on my blog. I've dedicated one of them to Jane - I hope you don't mind. I decided that I wanted to dedicate the luminaries to others I know who died from cancer and they include my uncle and aunt, my grandmother and her mother.
Take care.

December 16, 2008 at 9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song does the same thing to me for some reason. Love you Dad.

December 18, 2008 at 4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song meant a lot and thank you for sharing it with me.

May 26, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home