Friday, October 09, 2009

First Test

Today I had my first post test of the term. I was really stressed-out all morning long before the test. We have a Post Test every other Friday at 1pm during the term.

I haven't been in school for 2 years, and I have to pass every test with at least a 75%, so there's no room for any poor performance (not that I'm inclined) but it's just stressful.

One of my classmates quizzed me before we went into the testing room, and I felt a bit better after that. We have exactly one hour to take the test and then the computer will boot you off. The first 4 or 5 questions were pretty easy, and I was confident that I had chosen the correct answers.

There were 30 computer questions, and about 10 written questions. I finished the computer part in about 25 minutes, checked my answers one more time, and then submitted. It came back with 28 correct answers and 2 wrong for a raw score of 93.3%! Woo Hoo!

I'm sure I did well on the written part too, so it looks like I'm off to a good start . . .

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Doug, glad to hear you're back in school& doing so well. I hope you & Amy are feeling more at home in the new place. Find joy in the nursing program; there is some there, & I know you will be a blessing to the patients you will be seeing. Stress is so miserable, but there are promises to be claimed to fight against it
Deb S

October 13, 2009 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger Jack G. said...

Suh-weet results on the test!

October 29, 2009 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Mel G. said...

Ditto on Jack's comment. Soooo glad you are back at school. As I've said many times, you will make a great nurse. You'll bring that calm that is needed for the patient and their family. 2011 is not that far away.

November 2, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home