Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wonderful Week 4

We actually got to go to the hospital this week. I guess we're getting to be less dangerous than the first week!

I started my clinical orientation at Good Samaritan Regional with 8 fellow (well, 1 fellow and 7 female) students. Our clinical instructor is Suzanne, and she's great. We discussed the policies and procedures, went over some housekeeping type stuff, and took a tour.

I completed my final checkoff on sterile gloving technique, and took the abbreviation quiz. I am so glad that I worked as a Unit Secretary for the past 9 months. One of the items we needed to translate was not covered in the class, and I remembered it from an actual Physician's Order sheet, and got it right!

I ran into a few people that I know around town, one being my wife's surgeon. He's a great guy, a personal friend as well, and plays bass guitar like a pro! Learning this week was a lot of fun, and it's getting more interesting. Got to get ready for the head to toe assessment coming up in week 10, so gotta run for now.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
Now you have gone to the fun part. Learning to do Nursing Assessment from all the information given to you about a patient, and above all, the patient. At first you sweat through this, and it is so hard, but just flow along with the breeze, and you will learn a lot. Thinking of you, and remembering my RN School Days in NYC. Give my love to Jane. Sincerely, Regina

October 21, 2007 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home