Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Family Arrived

My son Brent, wife Shelly, and granddaughter Lily arrived from Michigan today. We got them settled in to the Salbasgeon Inn, and headed back to our home for a quick visit.

Each time we have talked with Lily on the phone over the past two years, she has grown so quickly in her speech. It was awesome to see her in the pink (and as a little girl, she does wear pink)! She is so beautiful; and Jane was pleased to see her. We visited for about half an hour, and I took them back to the Inn; upon my return Jane was very tired out.

You see, last night was not a very good night for Jane. I will spare the gory details, but suffice it to say that the doctor is pretty sure her bowel is obstructed now. We awoke at 2:15AM and Jane was sick to her stomach. We finally got settled back down about 3:15.

It was very difficult for me to go back to sleep (even as exhausted as I was) and while I was laying in bed, I began to count on my hand the number of days until her sisters will arrive. One, two, three, four . . . five . . . . . six. "Oh Lord, will Jane make it another six days?" We called her sisters this morning and urged them to come earlier than planned, so they're driving from California tomorrow and will be here tomorrow night.

It's late now, and Jane is settled in (I pray for the whole night this night) so I'll sign off for now. Please pray for her to have a good night if you're still up.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying with you.

Karen B.

April 29, 2008 at 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug, I'm up and I'll be praying. Thanks for the updates. So glad Brent, Shelly and Lily are there. The office is quite solemn these days. Many thoughts and prayers are expressed for your family throughout each day. Give Jane my love - and a hug.

Marcia T.

April 29, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home