Monday, April 28, 2008

Packing for the Journey Home

This past week has been surreal. Jane and I have spent a lot of time talking about her journey "home". At times, our conversation has been sprinkled with humor, and the other day I asked her, "Do you have your passport?" We had a laugh. Then, I looked at her and it hit me, and I said, "I'm really going to miss you," and I broke down again in her arms.

It's hard to believe at times. I wake up in the morning and wonder how this could be happening. I am not angry, or afraid, but deeply saddened. I know Jane will be in Good Hands.

I was thinking yesterday about our wedding day. When the doors to the back of the sanctuary (at our church in San Jose) opened, and Jane and her dad started the walk up the aisle to meet me. I began to tremble and cry. She was so beautiful! Her white silk wedding dress, bouquet in hand, and her father proudly walking her to me.

It made me think about how Jesus must feel the same way. Waiting expectantly for His bride, Jane, to walk down the aisle toward Him. I guess I'm going to be the father giving her to Him.

I wish that I could see His face when she meets Him at the altar.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to look closely at the wedding pictures you posted but it took awhile before I could see them through my tears.

May God give you and Jane grace for today.

Karen B.

April 29, 2008 at 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so amazing the strength and courage you have during this time. I know there is only one way you could do it... and you seem to not have forgotten it. Since I began here I prayed God would help me be a whitness to others, and you have been my mentor. We're all thinking of your family and keeping them in our prayers.

April 29, 2008 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Janeen said...

Doug,

You are such an amazing man of God.
I am also brought to tears reading this post. I know God will give you the strength, and courage to endure through this.

Today I am reading all of this for the first time, and eventhough I am overcome with emotion I know God wants us to remember the fun times we've all had together.

I LOVE how you compared your wedding day to Jane going home to dance with Jesus the King of the ages. How awesome it would be to see His face.

Love, Janeen Moore

April 29, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug,

Insightful and touching words. My heart goes out to you. Thank you both for your honest sharing.

Paul

April 29, 2008 at 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we can see where Amy gets her beauty from! You and Jane make a gorgeous couple and will be together again in eternity. The night before my grandmother passed through the gates to heaven, she said Jesus had come to her and told her "don't worry, you'll all be together again, forever and ever. Forever and ever!" Thanks for sharing those photos and letting us be a part of the legacy you've created.

God bless you!
Cindy K

April 29, 2008 at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home