Sunday, November 11, 2007

Lucky Week 7

The seventh week (7th week!) is over, and it's been good. I finished my medication administration skills lab, which was really fun, and I learned a lot! My learning style is really a mix of things. You know when "they" make you fill out a questionnaire to determine your learning style, and then try to fit you into one of four boxes? Well, it's almost never that simple, and certainly not in my case.

I learn by several methods, and usually I have to combine them all into one, in order to learn something. I love reading my text books (I read every chapter, and almost every word). Then, I listen to CD's or DVD's on the subject, and the practice the skill (if possible) on someone else. If I had to choose one style over the other, I think it would be research and writing. I learn a TON of stuff when I have to research a case history, or drug information, etc. It causes me to really think, and to dig, and to make sure my answers are correct, and in the process, I learn something.

On a less upbeat note, Jane's health has not been so good lately (read her blog). She came home from work on Tuesday with a bad stomach ache, and did not work the remainder of the week. When we first entered into this plan for me to go to nursing school, it was with the understanding that Jane would work full time, and I would collect unemployment, or work part time, or whatever, in order to make ends meet. With Jane unable to work, it's putting a lot of stress on our budget.

More importantly, we are questioning whether she should continue to work, and I should continue to go to nursing school. I mean, what if I make it all the way through, and she drops dead? I know that sounds harsh, but I don't want to be a nurse so badly that I would sacrifice Jane's life to become one.

We're weighing options now, and trying to come up with a plan that would allow Jane to not have to work, and for me to continue going to school. That's a tall order, because her salary pays the monthly mortgage bill, and we're on her insurance policy at work.

We prayed about this 2 years ago when I started on this path, and have been praying all along, and we continue to believe that this is where God wants me (us) to go, but it seems questionable now, and we don't seem to be hearing anything from God at the moment . . .

So, if you have a little time, drop a prayer for us.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
Sounds like you both should sit back and take deep breaths. You both have a lot going on. Just take care of eachother, and know that I am here for the both of you. Love, Regina

November 12, 2007 at 8:17 AM  
Blogger rosepua said...

Duane and I will pray God's peace and direction to both of you. Love, MA

November 12, 2007 at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home