Thursday, May 22, 2008

Celebrating Life

Today was Jane's sister's birthday. We had a small, brief family get-together at our home to celebrate. Baby back ribs from Safeway, potato salad, chocolate cheese cake, and carrot cake.

I picked out a very nice little statue from the Hallmark store titled, "Two Alike."

It reminded me so much of Terry and Jane together, and how similar they are in so many ways. I hope it will always be a cherished keepsake of Terry's, and a remembrance of her time together with Jane.

Jane continues to decline in strength, but her mind is still sharp as a tack. And Funny! Here's an adorable photo from the party this afternoon of the two sisters enjoying a hug!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug,
What beautiful times to remember. There is so much love and faith coming out of your blogs that I am happy to say it is catching. I wish you and Jane Love and Peace. May she be comfortable, and feel the warmth of all the love that surrounds her. Love and Prayers, Regina

May 23, 2008 at 7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug,
thank you so much for posting a picture of Jane. It brought me to quick tears. I love you guys!
Nancy

May 23, 2008 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger rosepua said...

Thanks, Doug. Happy Anniversary. Love you both, MA

May 23, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home