Friday, November 16, 2007

End of Week 8

Not only is this the end of week 8, but after this term, it is the end of nursing school for me; for awhile at least.

But this is really not about ME at all, it's about Jane. My beautiful bride of 20 years has been hit again with a recurrence of her cancer. After her PET scan last Friday, we received a phone call this Monday from the oncologist, telling us that the cancer had reappeared, and new nodules were present. We went for a visit on Tuesday, and saw the films (PET Scan) for ourselves; and it did not look good.

Jane started back with her chemotherapy the very next day (Wednesday) and so far has tolerated this first treatment fairly well. The oncologist changed one of her drugs (Oxalyplatin) which caused neuropathy (sensitivity to cold, tingling, numbness, etc.) and those symptoms, obviously, have not occurred.

We have decided to put my nursing school on hold for the time being, and I will be returning to work full time at Samaritan Albany General Hospital. I have 2 more weeks of nursing school this term, and then finals. My grades are good, so there should be no problem completing this term. I spoke with my Trade Act representative, and was told that they will place a "gap" in my training, which might allow me to return to school in the fall of 2008 and restart the program. We'll see what happens between now and then . . .

Most of all, right now, please pray for Jane and her health.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathie said...

Doug,

so sorry to hear of Jane's health change....glad to hear you are able to be there at her side! I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Kathie

November 19, 2007 at 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
You are a great couple, both of you are working as a team together, and you and God will face this together also. Love and prayers, Love, Regina

November 19, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home