Sunday, December 30, 2007

Winding Down on 2007

I was just looking at my calendar, and realized that it has only been 4 weeks since my last day of nursing school. It seems like a distant memory now; weird.

I worked on Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day this year (for the first time in my life, I think). Somehow I thought it might be a little quiet (normally, I wouldn't say the "Q" word, but I'm not at work) but it was rather busy.

Got home about 7:45pm on Christmas and we opened presents. This year the tree was pretty sparse, but it seemed to me that it was one of the best Christmases I ever had. Just the immediate family (nuclear family in psychology terms). We gave thanks before opening the presents, and Amy played Santa, as per usual.

Today we celebrated my dad's 75th birthday. He doesn't actually turn 75 until Wednesday, but I have to work on New Year's day, which was the day we'd originally planned. So, we had prime rib, etc., and watched a football game, visited with family, and just relaxed. It was nice.
If you've been reading my blog at all, you'll note that this has been a challenging year for our family, but God has been abundantly faithful in His provision for us. I am so thankful to Him for caring for us.

I have shared with some that for the first time in my life, I can't see beyond next week. I don't know what 2008 has in store for us, but I am going to enter the New Year with hope, faith, and peace in my heart. I pray the same for you.

-doug

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug and Jane:
Wishing you Peace, Love, and Good Health. Keep the faith going. Hope to be of help to you this year. Love and Prayers, Regina

December 31, 2007 at 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home