Saturday, December 01, 2007

Exiting Out

This week was essentially the last week of school, but technically, next week is. All I have left are 2 final exams and I'm done for the term.

I used the title "Exiting Out" because Jane and I have decided that I should leave nursing school right now so that we can concentrate on her health. She will be taking an unpaid leave from her job, and I am returning to work full-time at Samaritan Albany General Hospital.

I am excited about returning to work; I have so many friends there, and everyone has been so wonderful to me, I can't begin to tell you. God has had His hand in this transition all the way!

I took my last post-test yesterday afternoon, and did well again, I have passed all of my clinicals, and the dreaded "head to toe exam". It has been fun, and challenging, and I really wish that I did not have to leave, but my wonderful wife of 20 years is the most important person in the world to me, and I want to take care of her.

I have an opportunity to return to nursing school next year, depending on what our life circumstances are at that time, so please keep praying for Jane's health and recovery. In the meantime, thank you all for all your prayers, comments, and encouragement these past 11 weeks!

Blessings,

Doug

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
You made a wise decision, Jane is the most important person right now. I give my prayers for healing every week at my church. I just pray that everything goes well for both of you. Love and prayers, Regina

December 2, 2007 at 3:13 PM  
Blogger rosepua said...

Alright; onward we continue in prayer for you all with this decision... Good for you on loving and doing so well with your schooling. Awesome, man!

December 3, 2007 at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home