Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Fun With the Family

I worked on New Year's Day this year; probably for the first time in my life. I was really worn-out physically, and when I arrived, I found out that I would be Unit Secretary for the day, so it was a real blessing.

I had the next three days off, so the four of us went to the coast and stayed two nights at the Looking Glass Inn at Lincoln City. One night we were having dinner, and my daughter got up to go to the restroom. My wife picked up one of those trivia question menus that you see in some restaurants, and began to go through the list of questions. She put the menu down just before my daughter returned.

When she sat down, my daughter picked up the menu and started asking the same questions (which we knew the answers to now). We kept answering them all correctly, and she said "did you read this already?" and we shook our heads no. She asked, "What is the capital of Iowa?" and my son answered "Des Moines." She said, "I didn't know that." and he said "That's 'cause you're stupid!" We laughed so hard that tears came to our eyes and I couldn't breathe.

She still hadn't caught on, and asked another question, and my son blurted out "Alaska!" before she even finished the question. Needless to say, we lost it again. It was great for us to have a big laugh like that.

Then, home on Friday, and back to work Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

We don't know what the year 2008 has in store for us, but we are going to remain close to God, and keep praying. I hope you will too.

-doug

3 Comments:

Blogger rosepua said...

How'd you do those paintings/photos? Those are really cool! MA

January 17, 2008 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

MA: I use a program called Paint Shop Pro, and there is an add-on program that I purchased called Virtual Painter. It has filters that render images (photos) as watercolor, oil paint, goache, etc. etc. It's fun, and makes some of the photos more interesting.

-doug

January 17, 2008 at 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
I love the art work. You answered my question about who did the art work. Good job!!!!! Just to let you know I keep sending good thoughts and healing prayers your way. Sincerely, Regina

January 26, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home