Monday, May 26, 2008

Kiss My Hot Lips

After a bout with nausea this morning, I kissed Jane on the forehead. She looked up at me and said, "Your lips are hot."

"That's why they call me hot lips" was my reply. She inclined her face toward me in that "come hither" manner, and I kissed her on the lips.

"I'll bet nobody else has ever kissed you on the lips right after throwing up." "Nope" she said, and smiled.

Jane is a little more wakeful today, however she is growing more disoriented. She knows where she is, but sometimes she thinks that one of her sisters who is still in San Jose, is here at the house.

This is yet another sign of the end-process; and one that can be more difficult. Some of you know what I mean by personal experience. Parents, siblings, or friends that suffer from dementia, Alzheimer's etc.

Terry, and the kids and I would like to ask you to pray for us to have strength during this time. It is difficult to see Jane like this, and we want to be able to communicate clearly with her; but at some point it won't be possible anymore. Thank you for your prayers.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
I continue to pray for you, Jane, and the rest of the family, every day for peace and comfort. It is not easy now. My Father had great hallucinations at the end. Just take them for what they are and know we are all praying for you. Love and Prayers, Regina

May 26, 2008 at 2:03 PM  
Blogger gmcage said...

Doug,
Wow. First, thank you for your note informing us of Jane's cancer and condition... we had no idea. We were stunned and greatly saddened, but we appreciate you taking the trouble to let us know what has been going on. Please let Jane know we are thinking about her and praying for your family. Your blogs are wonderful... your stories are touching and your love for Jane is so evident. We are joining your many other friends in praying for a gentle transition for Jane and strength and comfort for your family...
With love,
Gregg and Mary

May 26, 2008 at 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug,
We have kept up with your blogs regularly even though this is my first comment. Wanted you to know that even though we haven't posted a comment we are praying for you and the whole family. Your openness and frankness have been incredible. Thanks for sharing from your heart. Your love for Jane exudes from the very words that you write. We are praying for peace and strength during this difficult situation. God is being glorified in what you write and how you are demonstrating love to Jane.
warmly,
Laura G and family

May 26, 2008 at 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doug,
My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I am praying for your strength and comfort. The Lord has blessed you graciously with faith, hope and love. "and the greatest of these is love".

Amie

May 26, 2008 at 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. I lost my Husband to colon cancer 2yr ago and have walked in your shoes for 6yr before that. I thank you for keeping us updated on how you & Jane are doing. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help you.
Sherri
Good Samaritan
Amb. Infusion

May 27, 2008 at 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home