Thursday, May 29, 2008

Am I Bugging You?

Jane was fairly wakeful today, and was able to communicate a few things; mostly "water." She is always thirsty, and tries to "con" anyone who comes into her room, into giving her a drink of water. We are not withholding water from her, but we must be careful about the amount she receives at any one time.

Her sister and I were sitting with her today, and I asked her a couple of questions. She wrinkled her brow, and I asked, "Am I bugging you?" She nodded, "Yes."

"Do you want me to leave now?" She nodded "Yes." We both laughed so hard.


I was not laughing earlier today. As I watch her grow weaker, and quieter, it really hurts.

Most of the time, I just don't "go there" but when I do, I get that gripping my throat feeling, and the boot standing on my chest.

Many of you ask me how I'm doing, and I usually respond with, "not too bad." But that's a half-truth. I'm doing OK half the time, and not OK the other half.

Your words of encouragement and prayers keep me going. Thank you for that.

"OK, I know I'm bugging you, so I'm going now."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger rosepua said...

Thanks, Doug. Laughing so hard... how awesome! Love you. MA

May 30, 2008 at 7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Doug:
It is very painful to watch a loved one "go away" bit by bit. It took out my guts, personally. You are a lot stronger than I am. At the bottom of everything that has and is happening, is the FAITH which is the foundation of your lives. I know that if I did not have my faith, I would not be here today typing away a message to you. To me, Faith and Love are everything. I empathize with you, and please, if you need me, or Hospice for anything, do not hesitate to ask. We are all here for you. Love and Prayers, Regina

May 30, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home